Careers at CHSC
At Cleveland Hearing and Speech Center, our development department is ambitious, strategic, and collaborative, focused on supporting programs and services that are critical to our community. We seek a team member who is high-energy, outgoing, self-motivated, and good humored who can help us advance our mission.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Coordinator (DC) helps to strengthen fundraising capacity by supporting the day-to-day activities of the department, including management of the online giving portal and donor database, generation of reports and gift acknowledgments, coordination of mass mailings, and maintenance of contributed income financial records. In addition, the DC will serve as the staff liason to the associate board as well as provide support to the board through generation of meeting minutes and communication through the cloud-based repository. The DC helps to ensure completion of routine and special assignments, manages special projects from inception to completion, and ensures superior customer service to internal and external constituencies. The ideal candidate is someone who has a passion to pursue a career in development and has a natural hunger to truly learn both the art and science of fundraising as well as the governance of a mid-sized nonprofit.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Nice – we are looking for a member of a highly collaborative team.
- Entrepreneurial / Innovative: Track record of producing excellent results in the face of obstacles.
- An effective communicator: Able to articulate mission to wide range of stakeholders, superb writing/editing skills, ability to effectively communicate within team, highly organized.
- A natural relationship-builder: Able to gain trust with internal and external stakeholders from all backgrounds, ability to network, recruit and bring in young professionals
- Results driven: able to self-motivate, work well under pressure, and handle many projects at once.
- Eager to learn: A lifelong learner with the willingness to proactively seek out knowledge and skills to grow professionally and contribute in new ways.
- Mission drive: The ability to remember that at the end of the day, we exist because we are in the profession of changing lives. It’s not about us but about the “who” that we serve.
- Manage Development Database (Raiser’s Edge) including gift processing for operating, program, capital gifts and grants. Duties include overseeing maintenance of database, creating and analyzing data reports; accurate entry of data for donor and prospect records, and the productions of lists and reports
- Provides support to Board of Directors, including meeting preparation and minutes
- Serve as administrator for online giving web portal
- Primary liaison to associate board
- Special Event support and coordination, including project management and post-event follow-up
- Collect, curate, and write content that tells the story of our impact, producing a semi-monthly e-newsletter and issue-area e-blasts for funders
- Provides office support for the Executive Director (30%)
- Coordinates all mass mailings such as invitation, donation and thank-you letters, newsletters, program brochures, etc.
- Provide administrative support for development operations
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent is required.
- Strong organizational skills along with great skills in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word is required.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or another relational database required.
- Effective verbal, written & interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly organized with strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in a fundraising department is preferred.
To apply: Send resume/cover letter to Sara Thomas at email@example.com Please put 'Development Coordinator' in the title.